Wednesday, February 3, 2010

manipal & me....

Manipal & me...

Life’s a masquerade party, and I didn’t get an entry in it!!”

- Jim Morrison.

I came here in manipal 7 months back, with new aspirations, new dreams, and new hopes. After spending my childhood in the holocaust environment of a metropolitan city like Kolkata where the procrastination of people have intermingled with their urban lifestyle to form an amalgam of undefeatable desires, taking away their peace and adding more in the urge to want and desire more. Manipal is a student operated university town, where everything is operated for the students, or by the students of the university. It’s like the Oxfordshire Township on the outskirts of England, where the natural beauty is in a peaceful harmony with the urge to learn. Manipal was a place which promised free thinking, and free flow of thoughts, but more importantly no boundaries created by manmade procrastinations. After 7 months, I understood it’s not manipal, or any other town in which I seek solace, because the solace of my soul actually rests within the limitations of my own self, and when I break that I am free, and rational, which I always wanted to be. There is no city which is different from each other in their social structure, because a city of free thinking, and rationality Is not possible, not here, nowhere because the procrastination for a better life, is present wherever we are present, because we are the ones who add the fuel to procrastinations, and our bonded souls are the food of its desire.

Starting from today I will write how I saw manipal, in the beginning, and how it changed, giving new hopes, breaking the old ones, making me more mature from within and sharper from outside. I will say what I saw, and what I really felt about the place, and how we all here coped with it. At the end manipal is a town with lots of colours, but spontaneously volatile environment which dynamically keeps on changing, giving out various lights .

1 comment:

  1. i was the first one to read this blog...basically because it was written in front of me...so i can tell that sayen hasnt copy pasted this from sumwhere...its not a MYTH!!
    and sayen v pple r really lookin forward to read many more of your blogs so please dont stop writing..my only suggestion: stick to reality..

    ReplyDelete